KANGAROO ISLAND OVERNIGHT
SMALL GROUP OR PRIVATE | 1D/1N | FROM $690 PER PERSON*
This package includes one full day of touring, one night dinner, bed and breakfast, return airfares from Adelaide Airport and airport transfers on Kangaroo Island.
*Please note quoted price is land-only and does not include flights.
Day 1 – Island Life**
This full day tour is our signature experience which combines a range of wildlife encounters, some of the north coast and south coast landscapes, and an elegant barbecue at a private camp in the bush. The tour has a minimum of two guests and a maximum of twelve. Two guides host tours with guest numbers of seven or more.
On this tour, get an introduction to Island life – where things take time, drivers wave as they go by – or even stop for a chat.
Have a cuppa with some home-made cakes before taking a walk down a country track through tall Eucalyptus trees where koalas snooze overhead or wake briefly for a feed. Travel through some of our best farming country to the north coast.
Walk through the bush with your guide – through a variety of habitat-types learning what makes that noise, whose tracks are those, and who left THAT little pile there? Look for wallabies almost extinct on the mainland, a kangaroo found only on Kangaroo Island and a variety of other birds, plants and animals.
Break for lunch and enjoy a delicious meal featuring King George Whiting (local sea fish), fresh salads and fine South Australian wines at a private bush camp.
At Seal Bay Conservation Park walk with your guide among Australian sea-lions on a beautiful sandy beach. Watch pups nursing, or playing in the surf, see old bulls bearing the scars of territorial disputes and learn about their unique breeding biology.
At the conclusion of the tour, transfer to your accommodation for dinner, bed and breakfast.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the Kingscote Airport to connect with your flight to Adelaide.
1. Clients may arrive on day 1, tour on day 2 and return to Adelaide at the conclusion of touring. If preferred, a day at leisure can be included for an additional cost. Please speak to our reservation staff regarding this.
2. Unless specified, clients will be booked on the ‘Island Life’ share tour).
- Return airfares from Adelaide
- One full day of shared touring with Exceptional Kangaroo Island’s enthusiastic, knowledgable local guides
- Home-baked morning tea served with traditional Australian treats
- Elegant alfresco lunch set in the bush with a choice of local wines, beer, soft drinks and spring water
- Access to field guides, binoculars and maps
- All necessary National Parks admission fees
- One night dinner, bed and breakfast at one of our preferred accommodations (based on double/twin share)
- All on-island transfers